That we are animals, that is as sure as ever. How savagely we behave toward one another and toward other species and inorganic others. How we rub affectionately up against one another and—however desperately—make love.
Art, Sex, Politics (Serving House Books, 2017) includes, along with 13 other essays, several pieces (along with several drawings) that were first published on Montaigbakhtinian or in Zeteo. These include:
- Drawing, Conversation, Life
- My Evening with Marta (A Few Notes on Sexuality in the Workplace)
- The Third Man
- The American Flag is at Half-Mast Today
- Sontag, Hell, Thinking, Politics
- Sonnet for 9/27 (bilangue)
- Almost Pure Pleasures
Also included: “Friendship, Deception, Writing” (based in Plato’s Lysis), this being among the essays published by Agni.
For more on Serving House Books (just click!)